Is the Weekend here yet?

Woo Hoo! It's Friday! And I am so ready for it, y'all. Because the last two nights at work kicked my boo-hiny. I guess I should be used to it by now, but somehow it's hard to adjust to being run over, stomped on, and dragged around. All to the tune of whimper and a holler.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

But, seriously, I can't wait for this weekend to get a move on. Because my Sweetie and I are going CAMPING! Yay! Nathan reserved us a water-front campsite on Toledo Bend. He went shopping for fireside munchies last night. And Buster keeps looking at me with those eyes that seem to say, "Is it time to go yet? What about now? Now is it time?"

Enough already, puppy dog! Clearly I shouldn't have told him we were going camping until we were actually on the way. Because you know dogs (and kids too, I'm sure) can't contain their excitement about an upcoming trip, be it big or small.

We're leaving in the morning and will be back home sometime Sunday afternoon/evening. Hopefully, I'll have some neat pictures to share with y'all.

I'm prayin' that there are no high winds or thunderstorms to blow away our little tent. We are hard-core campers, after all. For some reason, whenever Nathan and I do anything outdoorsy together, major precipitation likes to tag along. Oh well, it makes for fun and almost always funny memories. *smile* But that's another post...

Have a great weekend, Y'all!

Comments

  1. How funny, we are going camping also. I am excited. This will be our first time to go without any family.

    One of my good friends had her baby on Wednesday, and I was thinking about you. The nurses were not so nice, and I was like I bet if you were there it would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun, Ashlie especially the fireside munchies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had a rough time at work. I can imagine that you just want to crash when you get home Ashlie!

    The camping trip ounds so fun! Can't wait to hear all about it. My Nathan wishes I liked to camp.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, how time flies!

Hello? It's me again!

Happy Birthday, Honey!