The Lord preserves the faithful. Psalm 31:23

Hey, y'all. I have a serious request to ask of you.

A brother in Christ needs our prayers desperately. Daniel Smith, a long-time friend of my aunt's, is battling cancer of the tongue. The technical term is squamous cell oral cancer, for you medical folks out there. Daniel has a blog in which he chronicles his thoughts, feelings, and nitty-gritty details of having cancer. Don't expect to be depressed after you read his words, though. His is the most uplifting outlook I've ever encountered!

Nonetheless, his struggle is real and he is suffering from intense pain that makes it difficult for him to eat and sleep. He's having to puree all his foods (apparently steak from Outback is pretty good when run through the blender). And, he's had to quit talking because of the pain. Not only can he not talk, but he can't sing right now...this man has an AMAZING voice. One of my favorite memories is of going to my aunt's tiny little church in Tennessee and listening to Daniel and his brother, Doug, sing. I remember feeling the presence of the Lord even at my young age.

So, here's my request...

Please pray specifically that God will ease Daniel's pain. Pray for God to guide the doctors' decision-making in treatment. Pray that God will preserve Daniel's speech and singing. And perhaps most importantly, pray that God will keep Daniel's heart and mind in His hand, safe from harmful thoughts or discouraging words.

Thank you all so much for your prayers. Go read Daniel's blog and leave him words of encouragement in the comments section. It doesn't matter that you don't know him, we are all connected by the blood of Jesus.

Comments

  1. I have a friend who has cancer as well. Daniel will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More prayers coming for Daniel. Thanks for sharing Ashlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I hope that you are doing ok. I miss reading your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you! I need an Ashlie update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashlie, Just checking on you. Miss your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, how time flies!

Dixieland Delight

Happy Birthday, Honey!